Thursday 2 April 2020

Day 11 - Lock Down - Baking!

I did some cooking and stuff!

I'm having trouble getting to sleep at night, not helped by my recent download of tiktok on to my phone, but I have always had trouble getting to sleep. so with no reason to get up in the morning I have been sleeping in until 11ish. Which to some people out there may not seem quite bad, but for me that is, because I used to have to get up at 6am to go to work every morning, so there is a sudden drastic change, and now I feel like I'm wasting my days, but to get a normal amount of sleep I need to sleep in until 11 otherwise I just wake up tired and end up needing a nap, or 2.

Today I made what was meant to be granola cookies, but didn't go to plan so it ended up being a granola slab. We then cut it up to make bars, but the mixture wasn't sticking together so we couldn't form balls to make cookies, hence making a slab instead.

We also started to make doughnuts. They have to be chilled in the fridge over night before we can bake them tomorrow! It's a pretty cool recipe actually because you don't fry them you bake them, and you also don't need to knead the dough.

I also made some chocolate covered strawberries, because I have been craving them recently, and so I thought why not? They are partly healthy, right? You know because of the strawberry part!

I also went on a long-ish walk with my Mum, so we also got outside and got some fresh air which was good.

I didn't have a good day yesterday. I could barely leave the bed, as I just didn't have any motivation to do anything. Sometimes I just get days like that, normally I can push through it because I have to go to work, but now with no job it just seemed like an impossible task for me to achieve.

It is okay not to be okay, and to have bad days. But in a time like this where we can't leave the house. We need to fight even harder to get out of bed and to do things, otherwise it will just make everything seem worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment